Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dungeons & Chimneys: Introduction

What is this? A new post on this long-forgotten blog? And a new section, too? Astonishing! Could this be the umpteenth attempt of resurrecting The 9th Circle of Hell? Yeah, it is!



"What is to expect now? Are you going to talk about dungeons? And chimneys?? You have finally gone nuts, haven't you?" These are some of the questions I suppose my readers (the two of them) will be asking. What is the purpose of this new section? Easy answer. As you might know if you have been following my other blog (in Spanish), I have been playing a lot of Dungeons & Dragons in the UK, and that is one of the things I will miss most, for the UJI has no Games Society in which to spend hours rolling dice and attempting to murder Tim.

Given this situation, I felt sad about not being able to play D&D anymore. Suddenly, I had an epiphany (noun; an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure), possibly caused by the British lack of sun: I could be a DM! I could run my own D&D game! I didn't feel that I was prepared for this responsibility, but I couldn't hurt to try.

So, this is the story of how I started studying the D&D Manuals as if I was going to have an exam. This is the story of how I recruited a crew of crazy people to be my puppets play D&D with me. And this is the story of how I decided to start this new blog section, in which I will tell you how all this madness goes by.

I hope you find it fun, in spite of my grammar.

Addendum to the introduction

Chimneys? Why Chimneys? Allright, I'll explain all this chimney stuff. When I was playing D&D in the UK, we came to this town at night and saw that all the chimneys were lit. Then Tim (I think it was Tim) exclaimed "The chimneys are on fire! We must save them!" After a couple adventures we killed a dragon by praying to the God of Chimneys - long story to tell, maybe another day.

In our next quest we were summoned to Temple Town by Rokee, Goddess of Chimneys, in order to find an ancient quill of her own. Now her religion is expanding over the seas into Spain, so you will hear more about it. All heil Rokee, Goddes of Chimneys!

No comments:

Post a Comment