Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dungeons & Chimneys: Mustering my players!

Greetings, ladies, gentlemen and goblins!

As I said in my previous post, I will soon start a D&D game in my university, inspired by my adventures in Guildford.



I managed to convince two people to play along, and a third one is interested in have a try at least for a while. This means I managed to find a total of three players for my campaign. I wish I had a fourth one, but for the time being I will have to fill that gap myself with a character of my own - which will be an excellent chance to try other playing styles.

This can change in the near future, but the party will most likely be composed by a ranger, a mage, a monk and a cleric (that's me).

This will be the first time for all of them (one of them has played 4th edition previously, but not 3.5), as well as my first time as a DM (Dungeon Master for those not knowing the game). It's going to be a challenge in many ways, but I want to think it'll be fine.

We haven't started yet and already found some trouble, especially finding a suitable time to gather, since our timetables are irregular as hell. In the end we managed to find a gap on Monday evening. Unfortunately, last Monday was a Holiday in Castellón, and the next one as well, so we won't be able to actually start playing until the week after.

I spent this week explaining the basics of the game to my players, telling them the pros and cons of each class and letting them decide. Being D&D such a complex game, I tried not to overwhelm them with too much information - there will be plenty of chances to learn the rules as we play.

I intend to start making the character sheets right the next time we meet, so they can start getting used to particular scores, feats and skills instead of all those generic examples that the Player's Handbook provides. Of course, the first thing I did was sending them the Player's Handbook for reference.

I will keep you informed. See you and remember to roll for Blog Commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment